9.02.2010

A Knitting Sunday


I'm catching up on some blog posting. I've got to post about some fun things I've done this year. Yes, this was from way back in May, but that's how I roll, so there.

My good girlfriend and old neighbor Amy is my knitting cohort. We had a full day of knitting fun on Sunday, May 2 and it was so much freakin fun. We started the morning with a Starbucks and headed to Guthrie at the SWAK workshop and took a class with Cookie A on reading charts. I also met Jarod Flood briefly.

We then hopped on the turnpike and went to Tulsa to a fiber event put on by their local yarn stores and Make:Tulsa for the rest of the afternoon.

We took another class on Fair Isle to make a hat in MiniMochi. Good thing we just took the chart reading class because guess what Fair Isle involves. I'm still working on this project...only have half an inch done as I'm not that swift holding yarn in my left hand. I will have to get used to that.

The farm where they held the event was beautiful. There were vendors and pretty trees to sit under and knit. It was really nice. It was good to just think about knitting all day and have no other responsibilities for a while.

No comments: