1.26.2005

Brulee de la Creme - 40th Birthday Dinner

My husband turned 40 last week and I did some fun and special things for him so he would fee good about it and not down in the dumps. I made him pot roast with veggies and salad with scallops and Creme Brulee for dessert. Mind you, I DON'T cook. I don't know how and don't really care to and hate doing dishes. This was my first time to make any of this and he loved it all...said I hit a homerun. Anyway, I got the creme brulee kit for Christmas. It is my most favorite thing ever. It turned out to be very good...made vanilla with raspberries and it called for powdered sugar on that recipe instead of fine granulated sugar...thought that was weird. It tasted fine, but wasn't crunchy enough and we torched it a little (I gave him the honors, so will blame it on him for the burn)...won't use that next time. I was pretty proud of my efforts.

No comments: