I modified the pattern a little bit... I do not like the finishing at the crown that the pattern calls for, it wasn't tight enough and I like to get down to at least 10 or fewer stitches before I close off a hat in the round. It made a weird puckering and didn't lay flat to the head...you can kind of see it in the pattern sample. I had to rip it out and start that part over, but it turned out nice. I also wet it and put it in the dryer to shrink it up some. It was a little long over the ears. I'll try a different pattern next time that's a little tighter for the bald head. He likes it though...whoo hoo! I'm a success! I made my husband happy.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: