9.29.2008

Off to Connecticut

I work for a non-profit American Indian cultural organization...in June we have our huge Festival: art and dance event. It's a huge undertaking, but I've done it many times before so it was like old hat jumping into it again. As part of my new post, I am getting to attend some amazing museum (which we also have) conferences.

I won a scholarship to attend the Smithsonian's National Museum of the American Indian exhibit renewal conference. It was at the Pequot Tribe's reservation in Connecticut. I had never been to that part of the country, except for NYC, and it was just gorgeous. It was one of the best experiences ever, plus I have a lot more museum related knowledge under my belt now and made some great friends.

The tribe hosted a lobster dinner one night on the coast just down from Mystic Pizza (shot that out the window as we cruised by). We had a double rainbow view of the harbor. Part of the workshops included mount-making classes. The lower right shot is of the Pequot Museum...gorgeous.

I've taken two more museum courses since, but they are related more to archiving which I find fascinating. Lots to do in the museum now that I'm a know it all.

No comments: