8.04.2005

Tattoo or not to tattoo?

I was at a birthday get together for my girlfriend Dawny last night and one of the girls just got another tattoo, well two tattoos, last week of blue birds on her rib cage...ouch!...we ooohed and ahhhed over them which started a discussion of getting one vs. not getting and getting some removed. Oh, what shall we do.

Well, my husband and I have been thinking of getting tattoos together for some time now. I've pretty much decided that it's all I can think about and really want one...and then of course I go back and forth about it too. He does the same thing.

I have many girlfriends who have multiple and/or large tattoos...even sleeves, which are just beautiful. I'm not that courageous though. So, it was just interesting talking about where we are in our lives...all in the 30-40 age range...and some of us just now getting tattoos at almost "middle age" if you think about it, some of us against ever getting one and one girl has had tattoos for about 2o years and isn't so much into the styles she chose at a younger age. She is looking into getting some of hers removed now, which of course is more expensive than getting them put on and you aren't guaranteed them coming off completely.

It's just very interesting how women have changed through the years and our life styles...you can kind of compare it to how the majority of us haven't had children yet and either just got married in our 30's or are still single...everything is happening later for us which is okay and I think even better for making mature and experienced choices.

I like where I am in my 30's and am successful and happy with most areas of my life (there will always be insecurity issues of course) and am able to have fun adventures with my husband...even though we need to start making plans to have children, it will happen soon and I feel better about doing it now than looking back at how young and inmature I was in my 20's.
I have had a more fulfilling life so far where I feel good about getting a tattoo or having a baby at my age now. We're all different and I think all the fun little things make us more interesting individuals.

OH AND BY THE WAY...I WILL NOT BE GETTING GIGANTIC ONES LIKE THESE...MAYBE MINE WILL BE THE SIZE OF A QUARTER...THESE ARE JUST FOR PRETTY AFFECT. OH- AND IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, EMAIL ME PHOTOS OF YOUR TATTOOS AND I WILL POST THEM UP (knitterista@hotmail.com)


a gorgeous tattoo by artist Jen Gallagher at Life Time Tattoo in Denver

1 comment:

katrina said...

Once tattoos and how much you want one becomes all you can think of, you're stuck, and you will end up with one. You've really already decided....but look out, it becomes addictive. I've got two and want another two or three at least... :)